Monday 12 April 2010

1 Year on - And WOW

Hi

Just wanted to give a 1 year update
Now down to 13 st 10 which is lightest ive been since 16 which was 30 years ago
Did Lakeland sportif yesterday 70 miles in the hills - 5500 calories - 22oo metres of ascent climbing and cleared Whinlater, Hardknott and Wynrose on my road bike Hardnott is the steepest road in the UK and cars struggle to get up the 33 degree gradient ( Look it up on YouTube it will blow your mind ) - Thank You Wendy and all at WLS couldnt have done it without you
Last saw the lovely Wendy in Jan and think she found my Sweet Spot - Thanks Honey

Never been happier

Cheers James

PS - Its not all bed of roses - When I did the sportif ride this weekend I met my mate and his wife in Ambleside on sat afternoon prior to ride on sun and he said he had booked a table at local resteraunt - I said I dont do resteraunts and he said well just come and have a small portion - I declined and instead treated myself to a lightly battered fish from fish n chip shop - Which I ate slowly and it was so lovely - No chips, scraps, breadcake, or can of dandelion and burdock from the old days and also stayed off the booze and went to pictures instead

When I got back to b&b I thought to myself ive enjoyed my night
It would have been nice to have had one night off for a blow out but then I remembered the many times I had lost weight from doing every fad diet under the sun once the weight came off the motivation came down and then one night off turned into 3 months off and so the cycle started again

No I was better than that I am happy with the way I am - Pot of tea and bit of tv and off to bed - Good lad - Seemed slightly tough call at the time but the following day when I stood at the top of the lake districts steepest hill ( and Englands ) having conquered it on my road bike when most people were walking up it I thought to myself

Yes all the sacrifice has been a small price to pay for this sweet moment of success -

I say it again - Thank you - Wendy, Steve, Colleen, Michelle, the surgeon sorry i've forgotten his name from Preston but he gets a mention anyway plus the lovely nurses and all at WLS you really have Changed My Life - For the Better

No comments:

Post a Comment