Saturday 7 March 2009

Day 6 of pre op diet

Today is Day 6 of my pre op diet
I joined Weight Watchers on Sunday night before I started the diet on Mon with a friend of mine
Sunday night was the world club challenge Rugby League Final so I had my final supper of Curry and Wine - Bloody Lovely

Anyway can't make Weight Watchers class on Sunday as going out biking so went today Saturday morning

Am shocked to have losy 11lbs - Yes 11 Lbs in 5 full days

I have stuck to it 100% and done lots of exercise including Gym, Cardio, Spin class and on Thursday on day off a 72 mile road bike ride to Kettlewell

Why join WW you ask - Well im aware that many people feel swollen after surgery so have little appetite and manage fluids only but then after approx 2 weeks many people report hunger and being able to eat anything due to swelling going down and no restriction. Most people have 1st fill at 6 weeks so leaves several weeks in no mans land plus there is no guarantee that it may not take several fills to hit the sweet spot. With this in mind I am going to attend WW weekly with my friend to officially record my weight.
In essence I see it as running in parallel with band - The band may not work for me for several weeks evan months so I need something else in place to keep me on track

Thats the idea anyway - Will keep my WLS private from group for time being
I have no issue in them knowing as its a personal thing and I dont really care what people think - Im doing this for me, my health and my children.

However some may perceive its easy option - Which i'm certain it is not
I'm nervously excited but quite looking forward to it in an odd sort of way

I'm travelling over to Preston by train on Monday on my own and getting bloods done at the hospital then staying overnight in a hotel before attending the hospital on Tue 10 Mar

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself that I have been able to not only maintain the weight I lost on Lighter Life but kick on and loose more. I was 19st 2 at New Year and am 17 st today so thats 30lbs / 15kg gone

If i'm honest after my epic 72 mile bike ride on Thu I was shattered that evening and craved a take away and a few glasses of wine which if it was not for the pre op diet I would have been easily influenced as having expelled over 5500 calories you feel like you deserve a treat

I did not faulter and enjoyed my slimfast shake and small bowl of green salad

So its only 2 more days on the diet now and then am getting banded

I've set my target goal mentally at 14 stone which is 196lbs - So whilst i'm only looking to lose a further 3 stone i've lost 2 stone already so that magic work maintaining is Key

I really hope the band will help me to maintain my gradual weight loss rather than Yo Yo as before !

I have taken the decision not to tell my kids as I don't want them to worry about me and have only told direct family about my decision to have a band. Once I return home on Wed I am happy to tell everyone who will listen and for those that frown and don't approve so what - I don't care.

This is my band living in my body - If someone else wants breast implants, a tummy tuck or face lift thats their choice.
I'm not doing this for Vanity far from it - I like me and the person I am, I dont want to be skinny or slim far from it, I'd be very happy being as I am now if I could guarantee my health at least while the children become adults and chose thier path in life

As a single person widower I do worry about what would happen to them if anything happened to me - Should that not be the exact motivation to lose weight traditionally I hear ?
YES of course it is - Buts its not quite that simple


I assume very person who is overweight can think of some credible rationale why they should - A loved one, children, caring for parents etc

The big thing for me is that I am worried that if I do not get down to a healthy BMI then my Diabetes and High Blood Pressure will catch up with me one day and thats my main motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment